Monday, February 27, 2012

10 Truths About Me


I am currently taking Kim Klassen's http://www.kimklassencafe.com/ class "Beyond Layers" and each week she presents us with a new and exciting challenge.  This week our challenge is to reveal 10 truths about ourselves and share with our classmates, so here it goes:

1.  I absolutely adore and love my family of rescued pets, which includes five dogs and two cats.  My life literally revolves around them.  They all have me wrapped around their paws.

2.  I have lived in the country the past ten years with my best friend and husband, John.  We were both suburban dwellers prior to migrating a little south of the hustle and bustle.  I love being surrounded by the beauty of nature and the peace and quiet ... ah, yes, the sound of silence.  Silence truly is golden and something I dearly cherish.

3.  Yoga and meditation are key to my emotional and physical well being, but I do not make time to practice near enough.

4.  I have a passion for photography and so wish that I would get around with my camera more often.  I truly believe that being behind the lens is a beautiful, and in many ways, meditative experience.  One reason I signed up for Kim's class is that I knew I would get involved again with some of what I need to get back to doing.  And, that would be living to do the things I love to do.

5.  It's difficult for me to stay focused.  I go in way too many directions and yet at the end of the day, I feel like I have accomplished nothing and am totally exhausted.

6.  I'm tired of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning ... did I mention cleaning?  Oh, and organizing too.   I'm a good cook, but have gotten somewhat burned out.  Wow, sounds like I might be in a rut, huh? Maybe I have a problem with procrastination:)  You know, like getting to those things I really desire - my photography, blog, art, starting a business,etc ... which leads to ...

7.  I want more than anything to start my own online photography and art business, adding some vintage and retro finds here and there, and the wonderful artwork my husband creates.

8.  My husband and I both love to go antiquing.  There's nothing quite like the hunt of a great find.

9. I love Amazon and books!  One could say I'm somewhat of an Amazon book junkie.  Someday I see myself sitting by the ocean with a stack of books, and spending lazy days with my toes in the sand with one great read after the other.  Oh, and Etsy rocks for art and vintage finds.

10.  I'm kind of a groovy, peace-loving chick with a great sense of humor. I enjoy being around people, but for the most part my country life is where it's at and would most definitely consider myself a home body.  Whenever I leave the house, I am always grateful to return ASAP:)



5 comments:

  1. Good luck with #7! I totally agree on #10 - home sweet home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...#5 could EASILY be me! I always have the best of intentions tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I relate to #5 as well, especially since I've gotten older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading everyone's truths, and so many of yours relate to myself too. I have been picturing myself living on the beach lately, taking long walks there and then relaxing in the shade with books. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is amazing how other's truths so closely reflect mine...great minds i believe. enjoyed reading yours!!

    ReplyDelete